Health Care / Personal Rehabilitation Assistant
Would you like to work regular hours with good hourly rates, excellent training and professional development opportunities, without the long commutes between clients?
Cúram Phádraig is a non-profit organisation in Dublin/Drumcondra established to provide personal care for an individual at their home who suffered a severe Acquired Brain Injury some years ago.
We are looking for a Health Care / Personal Rehabilitation Assistant on a full-time, 12-months fixed-term contract. While changes might become necessary, work will most likely include two 10-hour overnight shifts, three 6.5 hour morning shifts, and one two-hour afternoon shift. No weekends (subject to client’s requirements).
To support the client with personal care and assist with guided rehabilitation activities.
- Demonstrable track record in the delivery of an honest, reliable, caring and committed personal assistant and care service, preferably with non-verbal clients.
- Minimum of QQI Level 5 in Health & Social Care, or similar/equivalent.
- Skills and knowledge in the areas of Acquired Brain Injury, Physical and Sensory Disability, or similar.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide energetic personal care and rehabilitation assistance in all aspects of personal care, rehabilitation and manual handling.
- Provide adequate support for all activities of daily life, rehabilitation, integration and participation.
- Approach all interactions with care, dignity, respect, equality and incorporating choice where possible.
- Work effectively in a team providing person-centred support for the service user.
- Respect the home environment of the service user and their family.
- Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of service user and their family at all times.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your CV and cover letter to:
Applications should be received on or before 05 October 2019.
All informal enquiries to be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org