This pages has a calendar showing when his friends are visiting Pádraig, and a number of links to interesting resources on acquired brain injury (ABI) which we just started, including:
- Brain Injury: In the News
If you want to find out who is visiting Pádraig in Hamburg and when, check out this calendar.
Visiting hours in the Schön-Klinik are 15:00-20:00 every day, so there’s plenty of visiting time – even if your visits overlap.
Please email us if you want to include your visit in the calendar.
Here is a collection of (more or less random) links to resources and information on ABI. It’s pretty basic at the moment but we hope to develop it.
Bain Injury: In the News
One crash victim suffers life-altering brain injury every 7-10 days, by Fiachra Ó Cionnaith, Irish Examiner Reporter, Thursday, December 05, 2013
- Acquired Brain Injury Ireland. Maximising Ability, Changing Lifes.
- Brí. Independent brain injury support and advocacy.
- Headway. Provides support and services to people affected by brain injury.
- Neurological Alliance Ireland. The national umbrella body representing over thirty not for profit organisations working with people with neurological conditions and their families.
- PublicPolicy.ie – Independent Thinking on Public Policy Choices
- Recovery is a long-term process. Published on 28 Nov 2013. Dr Carolyn Dunford explains why ‘recovery’ can be a fraught term. (The Children’s Trust)
- The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science by Norman Doidge (Dec 18, 2007)
- White_book_PRM, by Section of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine, Union Européenne des Médecins Spécialistes (UEMS), European Board of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine